Led by Ash Maurya
Hi - I am the founder of Spark59, author of
the international best-selling book Running Lean, and creator of Lean Canvas.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for Entrepreneurs, Intrapreneurs, and other Visionaries charged with bringing bold new ideas to life.
I’ve read all books about Lean and apply the methodology for myself in all my projects and for my clients from Lean Startup to Business Model Generation to 4 Steps to the Epiphany. Running Lean is for sure the most practical way to apply the methodology. The Workshop reinforce the practice part and gives you all tools to move ahead.Jeremy Goldyn Head of Digital Business, ANAIS IT
The workshop is run over 2 full days of lectures, interactive Q&A, and hands-on practice.
DAY 1 - Running Lean
The first day is themed around Business Model Creation or Documenting Your Plan A.
The day starts with a general overview of the methodology and then we get to work on defining your true product - your business model.
By the end of the first day, you'll learn how to effectively capture, refine, and pitch your core business model to internal and external stakeholders.
9:00 - 10:00
Running Lean Overview
- Understand why building new products is hard
- Overview of the 3 meta-principles for Running Lean
10:00 - 10:30
- Real-world example to illustrate core principles
- How to apply core principles to any kind of product
11:00 - 12:30
Document Your Plan A
- Learn how to capture your business model on a single page
- Understand the top 3 universal risks all products face
13:30 - 15:00
Bulletproof Your Business Model
- Avoid top 10 pitfalls entrepreneurs make
- Identify top risks specific to your business model
15:30 - 17:00
Pitching The Business Model
- How to effectively share a business model with team members, advisors, and investors.
- How to pitch a business model for learning.
DAY 2 - Scaling Lean
The second day is themed around Business Model Validation or Systematically Testing Your Plan A.
Business Model Validation is much greater than Business Model Creation and this is where you'll learn actionable techniques for distilling and stress testing your business model down to testable assumptions or hypotheses.
By the end of the day, you'll learn how to define your success metrics and craft effective experiments that maximize for breakthrough learning.
9:00 - 10:00
The Art of The Scientist Overview
- You'll learn the #1 most important thing scientists do. Hint: It isn't running experiments. That's #2.
10:00 - 11:00
Model Your Business Model as a System
- What is a system and how does it help with business models?
- Learn how to model your success metrics.
11:30 - 12:30
Run Experiments Like a Scientist
- Learn how to craft effective experiments that maximize for speed, learning, and focus.
- Track and communicate your progress using the Lean Stack innovation accounting tool.
13:30 - 15:00
Applied Systems Thinking
- Introduction to constraints thinking.
- Learn how to prioritize and break constraints in your model.
15:30 - 17:00
Building Features People Want
- What happens beyond your Minimum Viable Product (release 1.0)?
- How to build continuous feedback loops with customers.
Ash has laid out a clear compass for anyone to validate their ideas, solve real problems and create a successful business. I’d encourage Running Lean to anyone trying to get a business off the ground.Noah Kagan Chief Sumo, Appsumo.com
Practice Trumps Theory
Your instructor, Ash Maurya, is praised for offering some of the best and most practicable advice out there for entrepreneurs. At this event, you won't just hear theory and a bunch of case-studies but instead roll up your sleeves and actually move your idea forward. If the event fails to deliver on this promise, we'll gladly refund your entire ticket price.
There is a limited block of Early Bird seats - Save 20% Instantly
2-Day Workshop Early Bird Pricing for Corporates: $1,600
2-Day Workshop Early Bird Pricing for Startups: $800
* A startup is defined as a company with 10 or fewer employees.
* Save an additional 20% for teams greater than 5.
Galvanize Seattle - Pioneer Square
Space is Limited
Once early bird block of tickets are sold out, prices will increase.
You may cancel your ticket up to 8 weeks before the event for a full refund. After that time, we cannot accept cancellations for logistical planning reasons. But you can still request a participant change by dropping us a email and send someone else in your place.
100% Money-back Guarantee
My success metric is based on building better entrepreneurs.
I want you to succeed. Period. If after 2 days, you feel like you don't know how to move your idea forward, I'll gladly refund your entire ticket price plus hotel and airfare to the event.
The first startup to get 50 retweets of #runninglean and the workshop link: http://leanstack.com/running-lean-denver will win a free ticket to the workshop.
Email email@example.com to claim your prize.
Attending the workshop, inspired me to become an entrepreneur again, a passion I gave up about 10 years ago. Ash is a very inspiring person … I left the workshops with a lot of things to think about, practical advice, tips and new ideas.Arlette Vercammen co-founder, Okaloa.com